Friday, February 27, 2009

Pax nocturna

So the weather is outside is perfect. I was doing homework at the library when I stepped outside and realized how beautiful the weather was (around 52ºF). It was past midnight and no cars on the road, perfect. In my elation, I sprinted from the library to my dorm at Keys without coasting (for the most part). When I reached Keys, my destination, I impulsively decided to continue on and go on this route that Eric and I used to go on, because why not? I've been wanting to go on a ride for a while and the weather was just right. Being that I was sprinting most of the way, I realized just how difficult the ride would be, but I pushed on. I was doing fine until I got to that one hill which I've only defeated once. It's not that massive of a hill, but it's long, and when you've already gone several miles, it's a mighty foe. Sadly, that hill was my downfall. It destroyed me. I barely made it halfway before my legs started to give up. I walked the rest of the way uphill and then got on my bike to continue home. Right now, I am so exhausted, but it was worth it. So worth it. And my right eye is red. I guess I exerted too much energy, hah. And now to finish up the rest of my homework. Bonne nuit.

Don't forget to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment