Friday, February 6, 2009

Five and Twenty Things About This Charming Man

1. My parents considered naming me Osama.
2. Most people can't pronounce my name right.
3. I've played guitar since the eighth grade.
4. I used to play violin in my middle school orchestra (seventh and eighth grade). I made it to second chair my first year, but dropped to somewhere in the middle my second year because I became lazy.
5. I used to have a keyboard when I was little in which I would compose songs without knowing what any of the notes were. I just played what I felt. This was way before I formally learned how to play the piano in eighth grade.
6. I know five languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Latin, Greek. I want to learn more.
7. I've gone to a theme park almost every year for as long as I can remember.
8. I want to be a musician and play in a band and tour the world and just make music. This is my dream.
9. Music is my passion. It has always been a part of my life.
10. I've been going through somewhat of an existential crisis lately, at least since junior year of college (2007).
11. I am socially inept.
12. I don't drink or smoke.
13. I want to buy a violin and relearn how to play it.
14. I want to travel the world.
15. I've never been in a relationship longer than three months.
16. I go on road trips with my parents almost every year (usually summer, sometimes winter).
17. I'm indecisive yet sometimes impulsive.
18. I've only ever had one pet: when I was little I had a parakeet whom I named "Birdy" after the name of a fox from the Casper cartoon tv series.
19. My name means "happy" in Arabic.
20. I used to draw a lot when I was little. I even drew a comic.
21. Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video terrified me when I was little.
22. I need to get out of Florida.
23. When I was little I used to think that those signs that say "sale" on them in stores were telling people to leave ("sale" (sa•le) means "leave" in Spanish). This confused me greatly. I would ask myself or my mom why the signs were telling people to leave.
24. When I was in the third grade, I dislocated my left wrist. I was roller skating with my cousin and we developed a game where we would pick up speed and then slide on our knees (we had knee pads). One day, we were playing this game and my cousin pushed me and I landed on my wrist and thus dislocated it.
25. Sometimes I wish I was so much more motivated in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment