Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sællvertu!

I do not know what has compelled me to start a blog, for it is on a whim that this has been created and feeling inspired by some muse. I have seemed to join the ranks of something which I shunned, from which I fled in a mad ecstasy of panic fright, only to find myself now joining the ranks of. If my writing at the moment seems preposterous, it is only because I've been reading Jules Verne's Journey to the Centre of the Earth (or Voyage au centre de la Terre to you Francophones) for my "Modern Science Fiction: Jules Verne and his Legacies" class. Despite the link of this blog, and the fact that I wrote the name of the novel in French, I do not know French, but it is a language that I admire. Perchance in the future, I will write posts in the languages that I do know, i.e. English, Spanish, Arabic, Latin, and Ancient Greek (although the latter will see the least action), as an exercise in improving said languages. I do not really know what this blog will be about, perhaps flights of fancy, quixotic ramblings, whatever I feel like. Speaking about the latter, it seems that a great fear has arisen within, kind of like walking for the first time. It seems that writing in this contraption has given me this strange fear. I do not know of what. Perhaps because this is new. Hopefully this can be a tool to face my fears, those terrible mindkillers.

I do not know who will read this, but to those who do,  أهلاً و سهلاً !

Buenas noches,
سعيد

No comments:

Post a Comment